How To Choose Between a Full Session and a Mini Session
Fall is almost here and so is one of the busiest times for parents. If you’re anything like me, you like to get things off your to-do list and on the calendar. When planning a fall family photo session, it can be confusing to know what type of session is best for your family – mini or full? And what’s the difference between a full session vs mini session?
Minis are not just a shorter session. They offer less all around, which makes them perfect for some families and not so perfect for others.
Keep in mind that all photographers are different. I will be running minis like this, but another photographer may do things completely differently.
- Longer session time (typically 45 min-1 hour)
- Good for kids who need time to warm up
- 3 separate appointments with me to meet each other
- Pre-session consult call
- Session time
- After session viewing & ordering meeting to pick photos and design artwork and albums
- Your choice of location, different backgrounds taken throughout the shoot
- All different family groupings, individual children’s portraits
- 30-35 images presented in a slideshow
- Photoshop retouching of any photos to be printed for wall art and albums (skin smooth, fly away hairs, removal of objects)
- For family, extended family, maternity, and newborn sessions
- Booked any time
- 10 minute session
- 10 images presented in a slideshow
- One location
- Full family shots and children group shots
- Online shop to purchase prints & limited products
- Family up to 6 people, not for extended family, maternity or newborn sessions
- Booked one date only, limited availability
A mini is a great “peek” at what it’s like to work with me!
A few things about my mini sessions and full sessions are the same
- Session fee to book
- Does NOT include any products or digital images
- Purchase your digitals and products after you view your photos in a slideshow set to music
- Access to Style and Select for family outfit planning
- Clothing Guide
- Professional quality prints and products that will last a lifetime
- Print release for digital images
I hope this makes it more clear how a full session is different than a mini session. Minis are a great way to get a glimpse of what it’s like to work with me. I’m super excited to be offering mini sessions this fall. You can read more about my mini sessions in my 2021 Fall Mini Session blog post. If you have any questions about a full session vs mini session, please contact me!
All the images below were taken during a mini session. It is possible to get great photos quickly!