A Guide to Photography Locations in Appleton, WI and the Fox Valley.
Living in the valley, there are no shortage of beautiful locations for your next family photo shoot. We are so lucky to be surrounded by beautiful landscapes. But with so many choices and possibilities, it can feel overwhelming to make a choice.
Let me help you decide the best location for your next photography shoot.
The first place we think of when are looking for a place to take photos is a park. These are great options because they’re public, open all the time, and are gorgeous. While a beautiful backdrop makes for some amazing photos, keep in mind photographers can make small spaces feel big and beautiful too.
Let’s break down the big location decision based on a few criteria. First, decide either indoor or outdoor. Indoor photos are great for lifestyle photography, like newborn or in-home family sessions. They are also perfect for those spring sessions when the weather isn’t quite warm enough yet or the flowers haven’t bloomed outside. Also, think about places that are meaningful to you are your family.
- A greenhouse – Great for spring photos.
- A library – Kaukauna Library has lots of big windows/natural light and it’s a beautiful building for both indoor and outdoor photos.
- A coffee shop – They tend to have big windows for natural light
- Your house – My favorite location for families because it helps tell your story at this season of your life and kids are most comfortable to be themselves in their own home.
If outdoor photos are more your style, consider either nature or city options. Below are some of my favorite options for outdoor locations near Appleton, WI.
- 1000 Islands Environmental Center, Kaukauna, WI
- Doty Park, Neenah, WI
- Riverside Park, Neenah, WI
- Smith Park, Menasha, WI
- City Park, Appleton, WI
- Sunset Park, Kimberly, WI
- Lutz Park, Appleton, WI
- Newberry Trail, Appleton, WI
- Check out this post for a great list of family-friendly trails from Go Valley Kids.
- Downtown Appleton (murals)
- Downtown Kaukauna (small park close by with flowers, large mural)
- Downtown Neenah
- Grignon Mansion, Kaukauna, WI
- Lawerence University, Appleton, WI
These make my list for the best photography locations in Appleton, WI but the best location also depends on the time of day of your shoot. It’s best to discuss with your photographer if a certain location will work at the time of your session. Don’t be afraid to ask for suggestions for a location!